cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tivo.....scart

jimwalker1943
Tuning in

i am intending buying a new tv, but all the ones i have looked at do not have a scart connection [ unlike my current one ]    can these sets still be connected to my tivo box

6 REPLIES 6

jimwalker1943
Tuning in

thinkin about gettin new tv...the ones i like to not have scart connections..how does this affect connection to virgin media box

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All Virgin TV TiVo, V6 and 360 boxes have an HDMI connection so it won't be a problem.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening,

The majority of new TV's do not have scart connections instead they now run through HDMI which provides a better quality image. 

Your Tivo box will run via hdmi you will just need to replace the scart cable you Currently use with a hdmi cable. 

Hope this helps

Thank you

Joe

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi as has been stated, HDMI cables have replaced scarts, you will get a much better picture in HD using that connection, TVs are no longer made with scart ports. Regards Micky

Your other thread has already been answered on this best to avoid multiple posting on the same subject.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jimwalker1943 wrote:

i am intending buying a new tv, but all the ones i have looked at do not have a scart connection [ unlike my current one ]    can these sets still be connected to my tivo box

On a different point, also check the new TV has an ethernet port so you can use wired ethernet rather than wifi.  😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks