Menu
tazzy1206
Joining in
Message 11 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub keeps losing internet connection ??

i also have this issue very day with wireless the xbox upstairs keeps dropping its internet when watching netflix have phoned in 3 times and all they say is change channel restart router blah blah should nt have to restart router every half hour or so when trying to watch tv at night thats for any help

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tazzy1206

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing disconnections while watching Netflix on your Xbox. That must be frustrating! I've run a few checks and everything looks healthy which is great. Do these disconnections still occur over a wired connection? I've also included a link here with some tips on improving the wireless connection. Let me know if this helps.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
lansdownplace
Tuning in
Message 13 of 192
Flag for a moderator

I am having pretty much the exact same problem. The Internet/Server part of my connection stops although the internal settings, WiFi, WiFi Settings, Network Settings are OK. Occassionally ISP, Internet/Server go red. Apple have extensively checked my mac book and it is fine, Virgin replaced the Superhub, having changed assorted settings and irritatingly it hasn't changed anything. It is just as bad. Virgin say there is nothing wrong with the line. The problem deoesn't occur anywhere else. Changing provider seems the only option

0 Kudos
Hoggie
Fibre optic
Message 14 of 192
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem with the superhub and was about ready to change provider and place the hub in a painful spot... it was then I noticed a couple of things...
1: the super hub is very susceptible to other electrics around it.
2: 2.5ghz frequency is unlicensed,so all sorts of electrical equipment us it
3: super hub likes to be alone in a quiet corner,its shy
If the cable isn't long enough,ask for an engineer to drop a few feet in on his way past.. that's what i did. "ere you go mate" said the nice man in a virgin van...
Just a thought
Phil Smiley Happy

Happy Days
this post may contain nuts Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
AliG148
Joining in
Message 15 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hello

We are having a similar problem - we have recently installed new superhub2 and are losing internet connection with one computer in particular. The only way to rectify is by rebooting the superhub - but this only works temporarily until the computer goes to sleep and then it cannot reconnect. There does not seem to be any fault with the computer. Works Ok with ethernet cable.

Any help welcome

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi AliG148,

Thanks for dropping in, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to our forum community!

Going on what you've said in regards to the one computer having issues connecting to the wireless, it would be a good idea for you to check that your wireless networking adaptors are up to date on the computer.

Also you can try changing the wireless channels to see if that improves performance for you. Failing that here are some useful WiFi tips on getting the best wireless signal.

If need be as a last resort then it would be a good idea to try a factory reset of the Hub to see if things stabilize for you.

I look forward to hearing from you, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
beniji
Tuning in
Message 17 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

For a long time I have had a problem with my VM connection where the Internet connection is dropped intermittently for a short period (I have the original SuperHub).

This problem has been getting worse recently with more and more dropouts per day, and now it is becoming very difficult to work from home as a dropout will usually occur at some point during a Google hangout or Skype conference.

The Supehub GUI network status displays normal S/N, error and power levels (as far as I can tell from scanning forum posts here).

During a period when the connectivity is dropped I have noticed that:

1) all devices are simultaneously affected (iPhone, laptops, etc.) - they all cannot contact the outside world, so it does not appear there can be a hardware problem with any particular client device (all these devices work perfectly well all day long at work and on other networks with no connection drops).

2) WiFi connectivity to the Superhub GUI is always fine during an outage so this presumably indicates there is not a WiFi problem (so the problem can not be solved by changing frequencies, other WiFi settings etc.)

3) devices that connect via Ethernet are also affected (again, does not indicate any WiFi specific issue)

So I would suspect some fault in the Superhub itself or upstream. Can anyone help with this? This type of intermittent connection failure with the same symptoms seems to have been reported in several different threads on this site, but I'm not clear what the solutions are/were!

0 Kudos
beniji
Tuning in
Message 18 of 192
Flag for a moderator

I should add that resetting the hub to factory defaults, and/or disabling firewall, playing with other hub settings etc. has had no effect
beniji
Tuning in
Message 19 of 192
Flag for a moderator

The only other thing I can suspect is that my powerline adaptor is somehow interfering with the Superhub occasionally. The powerline adaptors are TP-LINK AV500. Apparently they also can cause intermittent connection problems, although it's pretty weird why it would affect iPhone/iPads connected directly to the Superhub's WiFi (i.e. not using the powerline wifi point).

I'm also trying some changes mentioned in the thread below to see if this helps resolves the issue:
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?78658-Powerline-disconnecting-issues/page1
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi beniji,

Thanks for getting in touch, frustrating that your connection is dropping out on a regular basis, though I've run a number of checks on both your Superhub and local network and both are reporting back in good health, so no apparent issues to explain why this happening from this end.

Is there any indication reported in the hubs network logs of the of the drop outs?

I guess the acid test would be to wire a laptop directly to the Hub and see if this remains connected.

Let us know if this or any of the Powerline checks reveal anything.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos