cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still waiting for a connection (Epsom)

lemm
Tuning in

Help!

so signed up for VM during the Black Friday specials ie. Nov 22... and i'm still waiting for a connection.

finally a FTTP team arrived to complete the pre-pull only to find issues with the underground (Openreach) ducts.  Incidentally, i'm using BT FTTP... so BT managed to pull my fibre through but not VM!?!?!  So now i'm being told I need to wait for construction to get involved... but not sure they'll be able to help if we're using OpenReach ducts. Argh!!!!

Hopefully one of the mods will pick this up as Sky are starting to look reasonable again...

16 REPLIES 16

Client62
Hero

For the sake of your health / sanity / marriage ...

... one hopes you are ordering a VM service and have every intention of indefinitely retaining the superior BT Openreach FTTP internet connection

i take it then the VM Internet service is not fit for purpose?

For us VM is the ISP of last resort. There is no FTTC or FTTP available from BT Openreach.

When Openreach build another 500m of FTTP network and offer us a fibre service I will place an order in a heart beat.

VM Customer Service is very poor. In fact utterly ghastly & run by an untrustworthy & unaccountable offshore operation.

VM network typically has worse Latency & Jitter than Openreach.

If you have family with PlayStations or XBOX or PC Games - they may hate the VM network and you too for selecting it over Openreach. 

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lemm 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed. We understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately delays do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers. 

We will have to wait for any needed permissions and permits to be agreed for the construction work to take place and can see on the systems that the work cannot be brought forward at this time. My apologies again. The teams will already be working hard to complete the necessary works to allow the install to go ahead and you can also keep up to date by speaking to the pre-installs team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 options 1, 3 then 4. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

There's no construction required... VM are using OpenReach ducts... just needs a little extra umph to push/pull the fibre through.  BT seemed to cope OK when they installed their FTTP service but not VM 😞

I can't see VM Construction building a new duct from the Distribution Point to my house... or will they?

Is there a number I can call, not the 1111 number as this just diverts to an indian call centre who read off a script and offer no real value.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do you really, really want to leave an Openreach FTTP service for Virginmedia?

You've already experienced Virginmedia's idea of customer service. Have you read the stories on here of their service? Have you read the official OFCOM ratings?  Have you looked at Trustpilot, where out of 71 telecoms companies, VM is number 71?

All this for a one-off discount that will revert to full price after 18 months.  Think again! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

There are lots of ISPs you can swap an OpenReach FttP to with minimal disruption and usually just a router change plugging into the same ONT. As a previous poster mentioned VM are a last resort for me as well there aren’t any high speed alternatives although I’m sure there will be by the time VM finally install. So far 3 delayed installs and the worst customer service I’ve ever encountered. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there lemm,

Usually the contact number would just be 0345 454 1111 however just to gain further clarification do you currently have an active Virgin account?

Also did our team specify of an appointment time for the work they've stated that's required?

Regards,

Kain

lemm
Tuning in

yep.. active account.  have been paying for an O2 sim (part of the package) since Mid Nov