cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self install issues

datachristos
Joining in

Hi all,

I am a new customer, trying to self install and hitting various issues.

Received my equipment yesterday, this morning I tried to push gently the red banded coax cable into the wall socket and the F connector fell off the cable! I called VM tech support and they said they are going to send a new cable in 3-5 days.

In the meantime, I found a spare cable I had when I was with VM in the past. Hub 3 connected, I get green handshake light and then a solid white line (green lights disappear after some time). However, I get no internet. Trying to go into hub settings, it says "Update in progress" and stays there forever.

Am I doing something wrong? Faulty equipment? Should I have a booked a tech visit?

Please help

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

New Install Assistance

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be solved / book and engineer visit.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @datachristos,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🌞

I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your installation. How has it been looking since your post? Have you had a tech out to install it for you? Let us know and we can further assist.

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

installation issues have been sorted out by pairing successfully the second hub I received to the Virgin Media network.

Now I need to return the first hub to VM but I don't have a returns label. I've requested one to be sent by email from VM Equipment Returns a few days ago but haven't received anything yet. Can you please help?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi @datachristos 👋

Glad to hear that is sorted. 

In regards to pre paid packaging, this can be requested here

Let me know if you need anything else  😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs