Menu
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 21 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: request for changing IP address

There are separate issues here. 

Your Hotmail has been hacked. You need to forget that account, close it if you can and start a new account with a strong password. 

You need to do a very thorough virus check on all your devices. At least one is likely to be infected.

The one thing that you do not have to worry about is your IP address. Unless you are being hit by a denial attack - and that doesn't sound the case - it's not the problem. 

Like the others, I don't think that screen popup was genuinely from Microsoft. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hello atiq

Sorry to hear you are having the above issues 

We would not be able to swap your hub outright unless its damaged or has stopped working 

Even then we would ask you to try diagnostics first to fix 

The best advice we have to change your IP Address has been offered to you already 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 23 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all, yes i tried all, switch it off more than 5 hours. and back on with same ip.. i wants to change to new ip as i i explain all prvs;i will pay for the hub if this is the case , bcs i feel some  one will come back MS told me to change your IP in first step . so

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 30
Flag for a moderator

well MS told you wrong and to do something you can't.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 25 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@atiq wrote:

Thank you all, yes i tried all, switch it off more than 5 hours. and back on with same ip.. i wants to change to new ip as i i explain all prvs;i will pay for the hub if this is the case , bcs i feel some  one will come back MS told me to change your IP in first step . so

you didn't speak to microsoft.
you spoke to a scammer, the same scammer that you shared your desktop with.
IP address has nothing to do with this. you gave them access, they didn't need your IP address for that.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 26 of 30
Flag for a moderator

It is a standard scam for someone claiming to be MS to connect to your computer. Just Google "MS scam" and see.

Forget the IP address. The person claiming to be MS has just said this to confuse you, and they did.

What you MUST do urgently is carefully check your PC for viruses,  because the scammer will have left something nasty on it to copy your passwords and personal data.

FORGET the IP address - it is not the problem.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 27 of 30
Flag for a moderator

go and log into your hotmail on another pc on another connection see what it looks like. i bet its the same

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 28 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Format and reinstall your PC and get Avast Free Antivirus and install with just the file shield and behaviour shield.

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 29 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all, i do now,format pc to factory and will come back to u, thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 30 of 30
Flag for a moderator

While there are some scam outfits out there, there is also genuine Microsoft Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/

I'd also point out that if the language has been changed out Outlook.com then it is a no brainer to change it back.  The only difficulty is of course that With the page being in Chinese, it's hard to find the setting you need.

Hard but not impossible.

Start by right clicking the page in Chrome and select translate to English.  That will help but to actually change the settings back do the following.

1. Click the settings cog in the blue bar at the top of the screen.
  2. In the windows what appears click the link at the bottom to show all settings.
  3. Click General - (The top option)
  4. Click Language and time (The Top Option in the second column).
  5. Click the drop down list at the top of the page and scroll up til you see English (UK) and select this option.
  6. Click the blue save button at the top of the screen.

The language will then change back to English

PS - There's every chance that after the factory restore - Outlook.com will still be displaying in Chinese.  I would not be surprised to find the settings are logged against your login rather than stored in the browser.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos