cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replace hub3 with hub5, now no internet

Bruce_
Tuning in

all I get from support is "wait for it". well, have been waiting 2 days now. still nothing !

router log says:

Acquired Downstream Channel(Hz)331000000LockedRanged
Upstream Channel(Hz)46200000Failed
Provisioning StateUnsupported statusforwarding_disabled

REGISTRATION COMPLETE - Waiting for Operational status
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

cant use hub3 now ?
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try activating the hub 5 on 0800 953 9500. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try getting it activated again. 

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Also you could try a lin hole reset of the new hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

does nothing. you just get forwarded to the call centre

Wait for the call centre to answer - they *should* be able to activate the hub for you.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Tell them to forget it and get the Hub3 reactivated (if you still have it) onto your account and return the Hub5.

Or perhaps the Hub3 is still "active" - have you tested it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Bruce_
Tuning in

had engineer visit today. hub5 could never have worked, due to low signal strength.

installed a powered splitter. removed the 2nd TV box. so now have internet again, but only one TV. better than nothing I guess, but not what I was expecting

thanks to all who replied yesterday. the hub3 didnt work

if anyone is interested. the powered splitter is this:

https://www.teleste.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/teleste-hdu-datasheet-2015.pdf

its a 4-way splitter. 1 in, 4 out, + power. so there's 6 white coax cables (the wife loves it, NOT)

teleste-hdu-frontview

You said that he "removed the 2nd TV box", but are you still paying for it? If so, a tech has to return to reinstate it and get a better signal to your home - and you must be entitled to a partial refund.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

not removed physically. cabling disconnected and splitter removed. technically, I could connect the box to the new splitter, but having 2 TV boxes in the same room is pointless.

I was forced into taking a 2nd box last year, even though we only have 1 TV. such is the madness of virgin bundles.