cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing broadband installation - ex Virgin customer

Kic5
Joining in

I was a fibre broadband customer back in 2020, but left since. I still have the broadband brown box fixed outside of my house, with black cable from the connection point running on the side of my patio, as well as the white box inside my house. As I am going to rebuild the patio, and redecorate my house. I would like the entire set of installation to be removed.  

As I am no longer a Virgin customer, can I still request Virgin to remove such installation? Your advice is most welcome.

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Of course you can request it, and people often do. The answer seems to be variable. Some get removed eventually by VM, in other cases people have to do it themselves - it's quite safe as there are no dangerous voltages.

A VM staff member may pick this up and take details, but that doesn't guarantee anything will be done by them. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can open the brown omnibox & unscrew the outgoing cable yourself, if this is the main obstruction to your patio being redone. You can also do as you like with the internal box. VM won't normally remove the omnibox & cabinet drop line, as this is the main cause of obstructions in their street ducts, which would disrupt or even inhibit a future service at the property.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kic5, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are no longer with us and wish to have the equipment removed. 

We usually would not attend to remove the equipment or cabling but I would be happy to check this with the field to be sure. 

I will pop you over a private message to take a few details now. This will be available via your inbox in the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat