On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

re-route cable

My cable from path to house was installed by NTL

It runs under my lawn at a depth of only a few inches 

The lawn is to be dug up 

i need the cable moving a short distance 

Given that the cable has recently been repaired i asked the engineers to re-route and at a proper depth which they didn't do

what do i do now 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: re-route cable

wait here and VM should be able to arrange something or ring - it will cost you £99 i think as it would be a non fault callout - if it needs a new cable back to the cab it may not happen quickly

there is no correct depth and no regulations - its depends on many things - an inch or so to laying on the surface is about as good as it gets usually

Tony
brianp9
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi thanks

i did speak to virgin a few years ago they said it should be a foot deep

the cable was re-jointed last year at the top of the lawn due to getting damaged by being close to the surface 

it should be just a matter of a new joint and a few metres of cable to the box - they did say they would move it when the repair was done but it wasn't moved - it's literally a few metres  

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@brianp9 wrote:

hi thanks

i did speak to virgin a few years ago they said it should be a foot deep

the cable was re-jointed last year at the top of the lawn due to getting damaged by being close to the surface 

it should be just a matter of a new joint and a few metres of cable to the box - they did say they would move it when the repair was done but it wasn't moved - it's literally a few metres  

a foot deep - that must have been the bloke who does not have to dig the trench - as i say there are no regs - a couple of inch at best if you are lucky

Tony
0 Kudos