cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out"

spoovy
Joining in

Less than a week after installation I can no longer get any service that lasts longer than a minute.

I reboot the hub, I get maybe 1 minute of internet access before I lose connectivity.  All connected devices seem to be dumped from the wifi as well.  I have to reboot the router just to get connected to it again so I can access 192.168.0.1.

When I do so I see many errors as in the title, for example:

24/03/2022 21:14:14 critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/03/2022 20:54:0 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/03/2022 20:47:54 critical Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/03/2022 20:47:54 critical Ranging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/03/2022 20:47:10 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/03/2022 20:15:46 critical Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/03/2022 20:15:46 critical Ranging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/03/2022 20:15:2 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 

I need to get this sorted ASAP, I work from home and rely on this service.  I've read other threads with the same/similar issue and it seems an technician visit is required to sort it out.

Can someone please address this, I work from home and this is extremely disruptive to say the least.

10 REPLIES 10

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @spoovy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're facing some problems with your connection recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I can't see any faults being detected on the line currently to explain this fault you're facing.

Is this problem ongoing for you today? If it is, are you noticing a problem with your wired connection too? Are you also able to set up and share with us a live BQM so we can see what's going on with your connection in real-time?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

This is still going on, I've been connected to VM for over two weeks now and it's been unusable for the majority of that time.  We've had to take out a contract with PlusNet as well so we can actually have broadband at home.   Despite VM checking tools telling me there is nothing wrong with the line my neighbours are also reporting constant problems over the last couple of weeks.

BQM: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/894a6e078843651ae85d847a9f921ac3d23411f0

spoovy_0-1649071875788.png

Thanks for coming back to us @spoovy

I can see that you have been dealing with one of my colleagues to have this looked into further.

My colleague is arranging for some cabling to be changed to help you get the full services that you're paying for. 

Have you been advised of this?

Regards,

Steven_L

If you're referring to https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Waiting-to-move-access-point-no-contact-f...

then no that's a separate issue, which your colleague initially misunderstood.  They are unrelated problems.

So now I have two significant issues (no internet connectivity, and cables above ground all over my driveway), neither one any nearer being resolved, some three weeks after my "go live" date.

Sorry to hear this @spoovy
I have check our system and can see that you do have issues affecting your power levels. As you already have a tech appointment book for outside works we will need to wait for these works to be completed before we can book another technician appointment. The outside works you have already booked may also help with the connectivity issues you are experiencing. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I do not have a tech appointment booked, this is simply not true.  We've already been around this last week (see a couple of posts ago). Could you please stop trying to link these two issues when there's no reason to believe they are linked (particularly as many of my neighbours seem to be experiencing the same lack of service).

It's been approaching a month now since my "go live" date and I still have no working internet.  I wonder if you will still expect me to pay for the service I'm not receiving?

Hi spoovy,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry to hear you are still facing issues and don't feel you are getting what you pay for, I can see you have spoken to us since your last post and that there is a technician booked, have you had any updates?

Regards

Paul.