cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New home, new broadband" - Expected change?

Rhewil20
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm trying to get Virgin Media broadband in my flat we are moving into soon. I need it ASAP as I will be working from home. We've been told from our estate agents that Virgin Media is connected and ready to go, but the postcode checker just says "New home, new broadband - we're on the way". 

I called Virgin a few days ago to discuss this and was told it will update automatically in the future. They said they couldn't be specific. Is there any way I could get a more accurate estimation? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wait here for staff to get to the post they should be able to check a bit deeper or send a spotter to have a look

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Dan_M
Hi @Rhewil20,

Thank you for your post. We would like to take a closer look into this for you. A member of our Forum Team will be along shortly to send you a Private Message.

Many thanks,
Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Rhewil20,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Rhewil20. I have passed this information onto the team now and they will be in touch with you within the next 10 days.

Regards,

Steven_L

Rhewil20
Tuning in

So I had a call with Virgin Media yesterday about this, they said that it still under construction and they can't tell me when broadband will be ready. 

I contacted my estate agents again today and they explicitly told me that "It must be a error on there side as the developer has hard wired virgin cable into the building.". They also told me that "Just to reassure you we have 4 flats all tenanted and they have got connection up and running.".

Strangely, every other flat in the building also fails the post-code check, returning the same error I get, yet 4 other flats somehow managed to get a connection running.

Clearly this is an error on Virgin's side. Could I please have someone look into this for me? 

Hi Rhewil20,

Unfortunately, this common occurrence that not all flats can receive our services due to height or fittings, and over subscription. We can certainly email our area filed managers again to make sure this is not the case, however there is no guarantee the service will be available.

Kind regards Jodi.