cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"In a few days' time we'll be switching Virgin Media on in your area!"....or not?

pbxtn
Joining in

Hi,

Hoping someone from VM can help me, firstly apologies if this is the wrong place I wasn't sure where to post this. 

Back on July 24th I registered my interest in signing up for VM and the Mega Volt bundle, and on Sept 22nd received an email saying the services would be going live in a few days time. We are currently out of contract with Sky and have been since July and are paying their out of contract prices as a result, so would be very grateful if someone from Virgin could shed some light on when things are being switched on in the area so we can switch the TV, fibre and mobiles over and save some money! 

I'll DM the address details, thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pbxtn 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Glad to here you are still interested in having your services with us. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Stephen93
Up to speed

I would suggest keeping Sky on until Virgin has been installed & you are happy with it, also if there is a delay at least you’ll still have broadband, 

for info., May this year Virgin started laying cables & putting cabinets in on the whole estate, they finished in August, I wasn’t able to order until 01/10/23 expected installation 20/10 but outdoor work needed before hand, ie cable from the tee to my house, only a week left not done yet, we’ll see, so you be waiting quite for yours, good luck

I'm beginning to think its also going to be some time before VM activate their services here too, still not had any indication of when they'll be live despite that message a month ago saying they'd be switched on in days. Very frustrating given we're still paying Sky out of contract prices. 

The fact that the great deal VM were advertising that included TNT Sports and the 1Gb Fibre as part of the top Volt package has since had the sports aspect removed and the internet speed halved is a big disappointment. I'll give it a couple more weeks then maybe give Sky a call and see if they'll offer a big discount to keep us if the VM thing is still in limbo.