Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

preinstall concern

Got Technician date of this Friday 20th to install the hub. But the cable's still not been pulled from the pavement to the house. There's been a second appointment on my Track my Order which is set for "today", and has been rolling over to "today" every day for over a week. Had text msg early on saying reply "help" if I had concerns about the cable pull, which I do (as no soft dig option to the house and so I want to be around when they do it) - but I've heard nothing. On phone to customer services for over an hour tonight, but she just kept saying the cable pullers don't need me home and it'll be done before the 20th. Very frustrating, as I need to know when to be home, and also don't want to waste the Technician's time on Friday if it's not been done! Any idea how I can contact VM to get a sensible, authoritative answer?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: preinstall concern

VM often don’t know when the cable team will arrive, they are usually contractors. Often it’s done on the same day as the ‘internal’ work.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Seems an odd policy. I can't imagine there's not an insignificant number of customers with unusual circumstances who would prefer to be around when the front of their property is being dug up!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When you say there's no 'soft dig' option, how is the front of your property constructed? If it's slabs they won't lift them, and if it's tarmac, they won't touch it, so don't worry about them turning up digging up the front of your house. If it's not easy they'll just mark your house as non-serviceable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's tarmac and slabs. But they've put the connector in the pavement, so I'm guessing they wouldn't have bothered doing that if the property wasn't serviceable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Different set of people, the ones that put the connector in don't care if your house is serviceable or not. 

If you lift up the slabs before installation and lay them back down again afterwards they'll happily install the cable. 

If you state your happy to have the cable on top of the slabs, they'll happily install it then too (house in the next street has done this, looks a complete eyesore, but then again so does the entire front of the house so maybe they don't care...) 

Another house seems to have removed the black cable from the green protective casing, painted it a reddish colour, and strapped it along their party wall so it's almost invisible. 

Lots of options 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Upsidedown1

Thank you for posting to the Community.

I am very sorry for our delay in response. 

I have taken a look from our side and everything appears to have gone ahead as planned but if that is not the case and you have any concerns please do let me know. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Natalie. Yes, the guys who came out to do the cable pull and set up were great. I can't praise the call centre experience as highly though. But hey-ho, it's all set up and working now. Thanks.

0 Kudos