Menu
juecc1
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

pre-install visit

i was told a pre-install visit is when an engineer comes to your property to check how the cables are getting from the path outside my driveway to my house is this correct?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: pre-install visit

Hello

Yes that is correct if no cable already then a site survey is done, then the outside technicians (2) will  install the cable from access point to house, and then the internal engineer will complete the install, for the site survey and cable pull could happen at any time and normally they will not knock.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
juecc1
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

cant see how they are going to get the cable from the flap outside my driveway to my house, the drives all block paved and the flap is on the other side of the drive  from my living room, i dont know why they dont ask when laying the cables in the road where i wanted the access flap

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Cables are positioned by VM with the permission of the local council and are placed in the utility area, i.e. grass verge or in the path, VM do not ask people where these will be placed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Makes thing interesting when installer running the cable doesn't uplift the paving.
0 Kudos
juecc1
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

There’s no way I’m having cables all over my driveway, if this is the case then it will all be cancelled 

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Any chance another way onto the property?
Low wall/garden/lawn.
[With mine the installer drilled the perimeter wall then laid flexible conduit across a lawn to brown box at the front of the property]
Lawn has since been covered by @ couple of tons of gravel.
0 Kudos
juecc1
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

no the whole of my front garden is now paved for the cars, if the flap was next to my neighbours then the cables could of ran along the fence, but the way things are the looks like the installation will be cancelled
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

VM will not install on block paved driveways unless the customer arranges for the blocks to be lifted & reinstated. VM won’t even install infrastructure in block paved roads on estates unless this is done prior to them being laid.

Unless the cable can traverse a fence, you will be classed as unserviceable.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

0 Kudos
juecc1
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

thats why i asked for a pre-install visit to see if they can move the little flap in the road nearer to my neighbours house then the cables could run along the fence, but when i just spoken to virgin media they keep saying the pre-pull is being done today, what is pre-pull?

0 Kudos