cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre contract email only, no welcoming email

kjones2
Joining in

Got my "pre contract" documents in email last week.  Today I rang Virgin, pre contract team to schedule an engineer. They could not help me as I had no account number. But I received no other emails, no letters. Will I get one or will my order not arrive? It matters to me to be connected at specific date and am worried broadband box will never arrive now.

12 REPLIES 12

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kjones2 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

yes please

Hey there @kjones2, thanks for reaching out to us.

Did you receive a confirmation email of the order itself?
If so did it mention on there the contract terms, i.e. date / price / services?
Did you receive an order confirmation reference?

Please do not post sensitive information publicly.

Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Ilyas_Y , 

The issue was an active account already at the property. We are working to resolve this and hope to have this settle pretty soon. 

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Yes, thank you.

I spoke to someone on Friday morning, but nobody updated me since.

How long will this take? Is it going to be few days or more like weeks?

I just need an active internet once I move to a new address, hence if sorting this will take long I will have to sign contract with other provider.

Thank you.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...

Note that you will pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is actually installed and activated. And even from then you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it after those 14 days

In the meantime, can you connect to OR, Sky, BT etc - or to a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three have a 30day 4G unlimited package for ~£20. If so, do that now or as soon as it seems that VM cant install in time and just let the VM install run its course.

I would also get a Tech install rather than quickstart pack just in case there are issues.

As said, you will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @kjones2 ,

I have chased this one today for you, it shouldn’t be much longer.

thank you again for your patience.

Jon

Hello. How can I get any update on previous account closure, if it is actually happening, as it's been nearly 3 weeks already since I contacted virgin but had no updates? Account is still coming up as active at that address. What number can I ring, as "pre contract" team seemed absolutely clueless.

Hi @kjones2 ,

Thank you again for reaching out to us here. The team have tried to call you several times to help but have been unable to reach you. I will contact you again by private message to support further .

thank you

Jon