Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

old cabling needs replacing outside property

Hi

received my box to self install on the 21st of October as of yet I have had no service.

I have had an engineer out last Friday who told me it was to do with the cabling from virgins end and someone would be round to fix the cabling the following day, which never was fixed. Since then I have had one missed appointment which I never knew was booked until the day it was cancelled

After constantly ringing I have been told an engineer will need to be sent out, as the cabling to the property will need replacing. I have been given a date for someone to come out and carry out the work.

I would like to know if the work can be completed  on the set date in one go or more visits will be required, as I will be out of my 14 day cooling period by then. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: old cabling needs replacing outside property

Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 weekdays BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful. They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

Tell them that if they want your custom you want the 14 days cooling off period to start once the connection is to your satisfaction.

If they don't agree put your notice to cancel in.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo