cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

kezandz
Tuning in

I had my FTTP installed on Friday 15th September, they physically cut my previous suppliers wire (BT) and installed theirs however they can not get it to work, I have had another engineer and same, says its IT, thing is, I have no broadband for my medical equipment and they have no idea when it will work, since they have tried to install it does this count as the cooling off period so i will not be able to cancel if they just don't get it working?

do frustraited 

11 REPLIES 11

Vinegar
Up to speed

@kezandz wrote:

I had my FTTP installed on Friday 15th September, they physically cut my previous suppliers wire (BT) and installed theirs however they can not get it to work, I have had another engineer and same, says its IT, thing is, I have no broadband for my medical equipment and they have no idea when it will work, since they have tried to install it does this count as the cooling off period so i will not be able to cancel if they just don't get it working?

do frustraited 

The cooling off period doesn't actually start until your service with VM is up and running - the idea is that you can use it and see it it meets your expectations for 14 days and then cancel if it doesn't. Anyone who tells you otherwise is, well, basically lying to you!

Are you still in contact with BT by any chance or have you already cancelled? If not then call them and report a loss of service.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your VM cooling off period starts once your service is activated (otherwise you have had no opportunity to evaluate the service if you can't use it).

Was your BT service/line working and in use when it was cut?

Were you intending to overlap the BT service with VM?

Hi, thankyou for the reply, yes I had FTTC broadband and was basically keeping the service until the contract lapsed which would be 17th October 2023, however virgin media physically cut the incoming BT line to install their fibre cable through the wall which yeah fine if only it had worked, I no longer have copper line to the house because they have cut the cable and now only have the FTTP cable, I have not got any broadband at the minute because the fibre is not working, just got a blue flashing light and I can not use my previous broadband because they cut the cable from the pole. I am stuck because they can not fix it and wont pay for the BT line to be put back in despite me having CCTV of the engineer cutting the cable, its an absolute bad start to the contract and on my first thoughts of joining virgin media its like you don't exist, i hope they can rectify

kezandz
Tuning in

yep my BT line was fully working, sorry I should have addressed that in my first reply, I need the internet for medical equipment, 4g/5g in my area is very poor so the equipment relies on my broadband otherwise i get constant phone calls saying it it's offline

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you are paying BT for a service until 17 October, and it is not working, then you need to get onto BT to get the service restored. Once you have reported the fault to BT you should become eligible for compensation until the fault is fixed.

You will also be eligible for compensation for a delayed activation from VM.

If VM's installers cut a BT fibre cable away from a telephone pole that is no fault of yours. It is between VM and BT to resolve that but VM won't do anything about restoring your BT service.

Hey kezandz,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your installation and the activation of your services, I have looked into this and can see that you have a technician visit booked in to get the issues looked into further. Have you also been able to speak to BT as goslow suggested, to see if they can restore your BT connection till we can get the issues resolved from ourside?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Nah virgin engineer cut the phone line and used hole for fibre, had no broadband for 2 weeks and cannot get any help from tech support, if I log in to the router it's says online but I have no internet access despite repeated resets it remains same, I've had to purchase a 4g router and SIM today that's reason I couldn't reply

Yeah that was idea but engineer cut the BT line so lost everything, purchased a 4g router today because of it still not working, router says it's online if I login to the hub but lights flashing blue and says no internet 

BT want me to pay for it and recharge which is something I can not afford, I'm not in work due to illness and need internet for medical equipment and for my child's schooling, I could berly afford this but it was cheaper than the openreach as speed of line was maxing out at 2 to 5 meg and sometimes down, I just gutted that 2 weeks later and still can't get internet on