cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no engineer show and account cancelled

Dadbod
Joining in

What a Mare,

I ordered and booked VM and expected an engineer on the 10 May to initiate this but no one showed up. I waited for them to contact me but heard nothing. So i call today. The call centre was hard to understand however the gist of the call was as soon as i explained the engineer did not show was that I had cancelled the order all of it by chat.. 

I explained i had not chatted to anyone.

Then she said it had been automatically been cancelled as i had not responded to an email.. I have checked all emails sources . I did not receive what ever the email she is on about. I have also not received anything since saying i had cancelled. The 02 sim card that was part of the deal is still here and the account is live  ( i have not used it) and they have billed me £25 for the first month.. feels a way to get out of paying for a missed appointment and compensation each day by saying I cancelled it.

I am lost for words here and worried that i might have to keep the sim contract if i can not get this sorted and install virgin however   I was worried regarding all the bad service reports but feel they are true.

Hoping someone from the forum team can pick this up and help as I was not getting anywhere on the call centre 

3 REPLIES 3

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Naturally, if and when push comes to shove and this ends up at the Ombudsman Service to make a ruling on how much compensation you are entitled to, then VM will be able to produce a record of this ‘chat conversation’ as evidence, yes?

Oh no wait, hang on, the story has changed, it’s not really because you cancelled, it’s actually because you didn’t respond to a non-existent email! So which one is it?

Actually what has probably happened is that they have messed something up in the ordering and the call centre worker was just making something up, anything, because they didn’t know what else to do!

Still, I’m sure the forum team will be able to pull yet another rabbit out of the hat and compensate for the general incompetence!

Incidentally, do you have any written, and a text or email will suffice, confirmation of May 10th being your installation date? Because if you do, then you are now owed compensation of around £6 per day from 11th up until they get you connected, plus some £30 for the missed appointment.

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

If they've started billing you for the service then I'd argue they owe compensation at the higher rate of £9.33 per day for loss of service - they can't have it both ways. If they don't believe your service is live then why did they charge for it?

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dadbod

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened.

I will send you a private message now so we can look into this for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide