Menu
Boiin
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

new superhub 3 no connection internet blocked

Hi i recently got the quickstart kit and ive set it all up however i have no internet connection and when i checked the settings it said my internet was blocked ive called virgin and they said it has been activated so i dont know why its still not working was on hold for 30mins and got cut off so posting here
Thanks Ben

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: new superhub 3 no connection internet blocked

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try rebooting switching the Hub off for 5' and starting up - if you haven't.

If no luck, its probably not received the activation signal yet for whatever reason. Try calling the activation line again (0800 953 9500)

Here is another post from someone with the same issue who sorted it that way today

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Hub-3-Connected-no-internet/td-p/4435798

Or, try the text service - send details of your issue and include your account number and the Hub serial number to - 07533 051809 - responses are usually slower though

Finally, a VM person should respond on here when they pick it up - but that can take a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Boiin
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey thanks for the reply i am gonna try calling them as i have tried calling the number you suggested and still no avail if not i will repeat your steps until resolved or a VM messages me
0 Kudos
Boiin
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update I called virgin said the box would be activated and I’d get a text when activated said it would take a couple hours 5 hours later no text and box still not working
feel like I’m getting nowhere 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wait until morning and if it still isn't working try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Boiin
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also a strange occurance is when i look at my package details my broadband package isnt there it says add package when i had one before i started the install any idea what that could be ?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Boiin,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that your hub hasn't been working. Have you been able to get this resolved since your post? I'm not seeing a connection from here, I've also sent a PM if you need me to check anyting.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos