Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

new installation wayleave permission

hello everyone

i was due to have virgin phone and internet installed on 24/01/20 i received my contract, direct debit details, and installation letter confirming the install.

i took a day off work and waited for the install, no one showed up

i called customer services and after 2 hours on the phone, being pushed to various departments, where i found it difficult to speak to anyone who understood me properly, i was told finally told it had been cancelled as they dont have wayleave permission.

i made a complaint about this abysmal lack of communication and the worst customer service i have ever experienced from a company.

after 2 days i was contacted, and with much effort managed to find out it could take up to 60 days for permission to be obtained. i asked for written confirmation or an email acknowledging our conversation and was refused, citing the call was enough

the worse thing is that when i first made my order the order could not be completed because i live in a block of flats and wayleave was required. i was contacted the next day by virgin who said they would visit my neighbour and obtain permission (which i found strange)

the day after i was contacted again, my order proceeded and i was sent the aforementioned details

where do i go from here? i have a contract saying it starts on 22/01/20 ( i rescheduled install to 24th) and will be billed accordingly

will money be taken? do i cancel the DD or contract?

i have heard nothing from virgin except the call i got after i made the complaint. i have even contacted my local council to try and find out if wayleave has been sought for my property

words fail me as to how i feel this has been handled, i had no communication from virgin about any delays or how we proceed now. im sure i would still be in the dark now if i hadnt contacted them.

any advice please?

many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: new installation wayleave permission

Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful. They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If they start billing you, it will have to be refunded as they cannot charge you for no service. And you will be due for compensation for the failure to connect on the date you were promised. 

Make sure you keep copies of all emails and notes of conversations. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your replies

i called the number and was told i need to call preinstallations (which isnt open at this time) as i needed the wayleave permission. they said they would tell me i had to contact the buildings owner for this permission. i explained i had already been through this and wanted an update to see how things stand and how to proceed.

it was repeated that i needed to contact the buildings owner to get wayleave permission. i replied that the owner is a local authority and isnt it up to virgin to obtain this permission as they are the ones carrying out the work. the gentleman repeated himself so i asked him what are my options from here as i feel like am am running around in circles.

he ended the call...without a word

i called back, waited again, went through the same security process, when the call was answered they asked me my name and then terminated the call, again !

ive had enough of these idiots i now wish to cancel the contract, and make a formal complaint. how can i cancel if the call keeps getting disconnected?

surely there is someone i can speak to, a manger or supervisor? all calls are recorded so they can easily review the calls and see the treatment  i am receiving. it is totally unacceptable

does anyone from virgin browse these forums who can look into this

many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi alby661,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for these issues you've had. It does seem like you need to speak to the Wayleave team, they're open between 9am-6pm Monday-Friday. Please give us a call during those hours on 150 // 03454541111 and they'll help further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos