cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

new Hub 5 will not connect

Ashg
Superfast

Got a new Hub 5 today which I did not ask for and had no idea it was coming but that's a different story!

I followed all the instructions and tired 10 times to connect but each time got we cannot find the Hub. It's now back in the box and the old hub back up and running . Seems to be a wast of my time so unless I get someone out from VM FOC this will stay in the box 😠

36 REPLIES 36


@jpeg1 wrote:

It's odd that they sent this Hub 5 unrequested, when many customers have been begging for one and been refused. I'm wondering if it was sent to the wrong customer. 

Does your wife use a VPN for her NHS work? There are active complaints on here of VPN problems with the Hub 5.

Which Hub do you have now? As the saying goes, if it ain't bust, don't try to fix it. 


I did ask VM why I was getting this when I didn't ask for it. Seems it's a free upgrade being sent out with no cost or change to contract. I'm guessing others will get it in time. With regards a VPN I've no idea because she has not tied to log in yet, it's Sunday πŸ˜‰

Scanned at home. Used the app many times and nothing odd until this one. I just closed it and moved one . I don't use public Wi-fi . This man is not green πŸ˜‰

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Did you intend to publish your setup info on the public forum? It would be wise to remove it.


@goslow wrote:

Your screenshot is showing a page generated by your hub at first setup on a Windows device.

Where does Alerts4u fit into this?


Your screenshot was removed and I got the blame for posting it 😑

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Images are removed when they contain personally identifiable info. Your screenshot contained sufficient info to allow you to be personally identified.

I didn't ! Just changed my password in case I was hacked. I didn't see any set up  photo with details   and I've not  uploaded any photo. 😡


@goslow wrote:

Did you intend to publish your setup info on the public forum? It would be wise to remove it.


 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Well, without going into all the details in public, your screenshot contained enough info to generate a search return on some of your personal identity info which is online.


@goslow wrote:

Well, without going into all the details in public, your screenshot contained enough info to generate a search return on some of your personal identity info which is online.


I didn't post a screen shot!!!!! I have report this to admin and have on idea what the info was as I never saw it or had anything to do with it.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Ashg wrote:

@goslow wrote:

I think the OP should check what the QR code scanner app on his/her device is up to. Various reports of a range of QR codes from legitimate companies seemingly redirecting to Alerts4u, possibly via a rogue QR scanner app, posted on

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alerts4u.co.uk

And while at it, check for any unexpected charges on his/her mobile bill


 πŸ˜‰

Ashg_0-1690107238364.png

 

.  I didn't log into anything and was just stating what happened . I'm not green behind the earsπŸ˜‰. As for the app tried a second one and got the same result. Will now dump both. Neither have been a problem up to this scan and have used them for years.


You posted an image (now removed/replaced by the red circle) above which showed the login details and network setup for your hub.


@goslow wrote:

@Ashg wrote:

@goslow wrote:

I think the OP should check what the QR code scanner app on his/her device is up to. Various reports of a range of QR codes from legitimate companies seemingly redirecting to Alerts4u, possibly via a rogue QR scanner app, posted on

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alerts4u.co.uk

And while at it, check for any unexpected charges on his/her mobile bill


 πŸ˜‰

Ashg_0-1690107238364.png

 

.  I didn't log into anything and was just stating what happened . I'm not green behind the earsπŸ˜‰. As for the app tried a second one and got the same result. Will now dump both. Neither have been a problem up to this scan and have used them for years.


You posted an image (now removed) above which showed the login details and network setup for your hub.


NO!