Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

network connection error code 7012

Please, I need some help.

Set up replacement tivo box received in the post, on screen the error message came up as above.   Have rang all the numbers suggested, checked connections, rebooted a few separate times.  Still the same message and no TV.  When checks are carried out via 150 and other numbers,  the result is that all seems fine at their end and I need to carry out checks my end.  Why am I having this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: network connection error code 7012

It sounds like the box hasn't been activated yet.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You could also try the following, call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1,2 and 4.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos