Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

neighbours cable from street to house damaged

Joining in

Today whilst digging in my garden I have discovered that virgin have installed my neighbours cable through my garden and it is now cut off - they are without internet and phone line.

Please let me know how I can report this for an engineer to come and reconnect them and at the same time reroute the cable so that it does not cross through my garden.

I have tried using various telephone numbers but they do not cater for reporting incidents such as this.




Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't report this, your neighbours who are off-service need to.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 45411111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault".

I'd recommend your neighbour keeps the fault report smple - they're off-service. Keep the discussion over the cable for when the tech arrives and they can see for themselves.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Knows their stuff

I suggest that you ensure that you are present when workmen attend to ensure removal of cable from your property unless of course you have given written wayleave permission for It to be installed using your land. You may consider billing them for their previous use which is a proper procedure. They won't like it and may attempt to merely reconnect the cable as it stands - if that happens you are perfectly entitled to remove the stuff yourself. Stay onside with your neighbour - VM have no concern at the possibility of causing a neighbour dispute