Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

need engineer visit to install sockets

I need an engineer visit, I have recently ordered virgin media fibre for my new home, but have found out that I don't have any virgin media sockets in the house.

I have tried ringing multiple times but to no avail, cant see how to book an engineer online either.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: need engineer visit to install sockets

Did you try at 8am ? They normally answer the phones within about 10 minutes then. By 10am I'd expect a significantly longer wait. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried on Saturday, spoke to someone in India they said they'd put me through to the correct department, was on the line for around an hour waiting and no answer so gave up.

Tried again this morning, went through the generic answers and got told there was issues in my area about maintenance, it wouldnt give me the option to speak to anyone.

All in all iv been a customer for 3 days, and I'm already frustrated I am starting to think if iv made the right choice.

What number is the best number to ring to speak to someone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you get the run around Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful. They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi philneal,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't got the socket to install your services yourself.

I have had a look our end and can see since your last post there has been a technician visit, has this now resolved your issue?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos