Menu
roop
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

moving

I have just been trying to inform VM that I am moving but cannot do it on line because it is a robot that does not understand that VM does not cover the area I am moving too. after being on hold for 25 minutes I finally was able to speak to a human, only to be told even tho they couldn't provide their service I still had to pay all of my contract. Does anyone else think this a disgusting way for VM to conduct business or is it just me?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving

It is a standard contract condition.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving

Hi there @roop

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that we're not able to come with you to your new home now that you are moving. 

When you agree a contract to have services with us, this contract is for the property the services are at, not just the services alone. Should you decide to end this contract, then Early Disconnection Fees will apply. (You can check our EDF's explanation online).

When a customer decides to move house, we are more than happy to transfer the services to that property, providing it is a cabled area. As you’re moving home to an area where we’re not able to provide services, this is essentially ending your contract with us therefore the fees would apply. 

When signing up to our services, or when making any contractual changes to your account a contract would have been posted or emailed out to you and would have included a copy of our Terms and Conditions.  They’re also available to view online at any time.  

We're still doing all we can to expand our network across the UK and we're cabling more and more areas each month. You can check your new postcode on our website and sign up your interest; you will then be contacted when your new area is ready. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos