Menu
MattjVideos
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

moving hub

ok i dont really know how to put this but here we go ive got virgin broadband on the other side of the house up stairs and i keep getting problems so i keep getting engineers out and they fix the problem and then it comes back and one of them told me that the long distance for the coax will be the problem so at the time he couldnt move my broadband closer to the outside fiber box and he said when i have room just call up and get someone out to move it so now i have room but i keep seeing £99 pound charge to move it. so i was wondering becuse there is a fuilt and its down to the distance would i still need to pay £99 for someone to come out. hope this makes sence 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving hub

If there's an acceptable speed from Openreach ISPs, why pay £99 for VM to fix a problem VM are saying is down to the original installation the company did?  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MattjVideos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thats the thing the engineer said it wont cost me so im waiting to see 

0 Kudos
MattjVideos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

and anyway im happy with virgin so im waiting for a moderator to get in contact to see what will happen
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MattjVideos,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums with this query.

If you require to move your hub with no fault identified, then you would be charged £99 for the call out fee for the hub to be relocated.

If there is a fault with your connection that is being caused by the hubs location, then we will relocate the hub free of charge.

I have looked into your account and cannot see any faults with the service or notes from the engineer saying that we would need to move the hub. Would you like me to look into this further with the team? To see if we can arrange this free of charge as you have mentioned the advice from the engineer.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If they stick with the £99 fee I'd suggest leaving that and investing the money in wifi / mesh extenders.

Or a really good router and putting your VM one in modem mode.

0 Kudos
MattjVideos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes please can u look into this further please because i do get a lot of problems 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @MattjVideos.

I will need to confirm a few details via private message to be able to do so, i will send the private message over in a moment, please look out for it and we can get started.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
MattjVideos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok done

0 Kudos
MattjVideos
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Undecided weather to carry on with the charge but please keep me informed what u and the team decide thanks

0 Kudos