cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving hub

MattjVideos
Dialled in

ok i dont really know how to put this but here we go ive got virgin broadband on the other side of the house up stairs and i keep getting problems so i keep getting engineers out and they fix the problem and then it comes back and one of them told me that the long distance for the coax will be the problem so at the time he couldnt move my broadband closer to the outside fiber box and he said when i have room just call up and get someone out to move it so now i have room but i keep seeing £99 pound charge to move it. so i was wondering becuse there is a fuilt and its down to the distance would i still need to pay £99 for someone to come out. hope this makes sence 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We have some good news @MattjVideos.

I have been able to get this done for you without you having to pay the call out fee. 

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

38 REPLIES 38

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If there's an acceptable speed from Openreach ISPs, why pay £99 for VM to fix a problem VM are saying is down to the original installation the company did?  

Thats the thing the engineer said it wont cost me so im waiting to see 

and anyway im happy with virgin so im waiting for a moderator to get in contact to see what will happen

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MattjVideos,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums with this query.

If you require to move your hub with no fault identified, then you would be charged £99 for the call out fee for the hub to be relocated.

If there is a fault with your connection that is being caused by the hubs location, then we will relocate the hub free of charge.

I have looked into your account and cannot see any faults with the service or notes from the engineer saying that we would need to move the hub. Would you like me to look into this further with the team? To see if we can arrange this free of charge as you have mentioned the advice from the engineer.

Regards,

Steven_L

Anonymous
Not applicable

If they stick with the £99 fee I'd suggest leaving that and investing the money in wifi / mesh extenders.

Or a really good router and putting your VM one in modem mode.

Yes please can u look into this further please because i do get a lot of problems 

Thanks @MattjVideos.

I will need to confirm a few details via private message to be able to do so, i will send the private message over in a moment, please look out for it and we can get started.

Thanks

Steven_L

Ok done

Undecided weather to carry on with the charge but please keep me informed what u and the team decide thanks