Menu
Linedmum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

moving cable

Our cable runs diagonally across the top of our garden. We want to dig out garden for an extended drive. Does anyone know how much it costs to get cable re-routed and how we go about getting this done?

In my opinion it was never properly laid as we’ve always been able to see it.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving cable

it would cost £99 for a non fault callout but VM are currently limiting non fault works so you might have to wait
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Non-fault engineer visits are £99, and booked using the normal faults process.

At the moment, they're not being arranged due to Covid restrictions. Whether it makes any difference that yours sounds like an outdoor job only - I have my doubts. The policy is outlined at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update under "keeping customers safe"

But it may be worth waiting for VM staff to pick this thread up on the off-chance it does.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Linedmum,

Thanks for taking the time to post your query on our forum pages.

As the two members have advised that it would be a cost of £99 to get this done but we are also not sending out any technicians for anything other than faults and new installs, we hope that this will change in the next few weeks, when the national restrictions change.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos