Menu
Nick14
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

installations

Hi having moved into a new property back in November I arranged for virgin Media to provide me with with broadband. My original installations date was the 10th of December this was then moved to the 2nd of January so they prep work could be completed. on the 28th December I was messaged with the confirmation that the installation will be going ahead only to receive a text message the next day to say it would no longer be going ahead but moved to the 18th of Jan, it was then moved to the 28th Jan with the agreement that the ground work would take place on the 20th. as this was a long delay I complained and was offered a free installation and paid for a wifi dongle, satisfied that this installation would now go ahead. Now the 20th has been and gone and the ground work did not take place I called and waited 1:15hr to speak to someone who said the installation had been moved to the 8th of Feb but I have never been contacted to say it would be moved again. they said once the ground work was completed I would get a installation date. not satisfied with the response I asked to speak to a manager and was told we don't have managers (this must be a lie VM will have managers) I want to escalate a complaint as I've been promised installation but they never seem to happen and clearly do no care about providing good service how can I speak to someone in a senior position I've been waiting for 2 month now to get a confirmed date for an installation with no sign  of it happening soon. who can I speak with, the contact centre are utterly useless. any help would be really appreciated. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: installations

Its unlikely you will get a confirmed date where third party construction teams are involved. A lot of work is being delayed by lockdown, not just with Virgin, but with other providers. Openreach have suspended some new installations until March.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos