Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 6s keeps needing to be reactivated

Hi,

My wife’s iPhone 6s which has a Virgin mobile SIM has started to continually require re-activation. We have tried everything to fix the problem including wiping the phone clean and reinstalling iOS.

In the web I have seen lots of articles suggesting that this is an issue associated with the SIM card.  We took it out and reinserted it, and still no fix.

Can anyone advise what we should do?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 6s keeps needing to be reactivated

Hi RW1974

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and your Wife's SIM issue. 

When you say re-activate, does it keep saying 'No service' or 'Insert SIM'? If so, are you able to try the SIM in a different device? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No.  It just keeps asking us to reactivate iCloud.  Every few mins after being activated, it asks to be activated again.

What is strange is we find this is only an issue when we are in Yorkshire Dales using BT Broadband in an area with no mobile coverage - so we we use wifi calling.  Once back in London the problem disappears.  Really weird.  It seems to ab can issue with how Virgin SIM carphone interacts with BT Broadband.  However, this is not a problem my Virgin mobile faces in Yorkshire.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like it's an issue with the signal and doesn't like it when you're using Wi-Fi calling, is it definitely saying iCloud and not iMessage? 

Have you had a look at Apples forums at all? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos