Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 12 pro problems

So I received my iPhone 12 pro yesterday and I’ve been unable to use WiFi calling, the option is available on the phone and I have turned it to on but I’m getting nothing when on WiFi.

this is my first iPhone as I’ve always been with android so any help would be much appreciated 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 12 pro problems

@Skennett wrote:

So I received my iPhone 12 pro yesterday and I’ve been unable to use WiFi calling, the option is available on the phone and I have turned it to on but I’m getting nothing when on WiFi.

this is my first iPhone as I’ve always been with android so any help would be much appreciated 

Which provider?

Some, like Three, don't enable WiFi calling unless you have one bar, or worse, signal.

To test WiFi calling put your mobile in Flight Mode, then enable WiFi.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin... 😂 
Il try that but I have zero bars signal and still can't do anything. I called virgin yesterday and they said that everything was set up and they were gonna reset my connection which could take 24 hours... Sounds like I was fobbed off to be honest.

Iv reset network settings, reinstalled the firmware and It still isn't working leaving me with no phone in my house 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Really can't get my head round it, my old phone which was with three I literally put in my sim and connected to wifi and it was setup

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Skennett

Welcome to our Community, I am sorry that you're having some issues with your WiFi calling currently. I can confirm it is compatible with your handset and there should be no issues using the WiFi calling from that device. 

When you advise you have zero bars signal - is this your WiFi signal or your data signal? 

When you called us, did you call for your Mobile issue or did you call us about your broadband issue - do you know what was reset? (I'm so sorry, we're not able to locate your account from here to check) 

If you're still struggling, do pop back and let us know so we can further assist if needed

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I now have it working but I’m unable to receive short code text messages like otp codes from the bank.

this is a massive problem as I use this method for security on a lot of things.

I don’t have virgin media just mobile and I’m not sure what they reset they didn’t elaborate on what they were resetting.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Skennett

Glad that your WiFi calling issue now all ok for you - in regard to your text message query, did you bring your number over from another provider? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes brought my number over from 3 network

0 Kudos