Menu
Highlighted
BarryCh
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iPad air2 os 12.3.1 drops Hub 3 connection

I have Hub 3, wired PC with Windows 10, IPad mini, IPad Air2, Smart TV, Iphones, Alexa, Samsung wireless printer.  I experienced problems for over two weeks with all connections being lost. After several calls to VM all devices are generally working with the exception of the Samsung printer which regularly loses WiFi connection and needs WiFi WPS resetting.  More annoying is that IPad Air2 consistently drops connection every 2 minutes if idle.  I am running OS 12.3.1.  Our IPad mini does not lose connection and is also on 12.3.1.  The IPad Air2 connects without problem at hotspots in other locations and through mobile data. 

The Ipad Air2 is my most used device making this very inconvenient at best and very annoying considering VM is supposed to be providing a 200mbps service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting nowhere with VM support.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tudor
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPad air2 os 12.3.1 drops Hub 3 connection

Have you separated the 2.4 & 5Ghz WiFi bands into 2 SSIDs. Some devices just do not like swapping from band to band when the signal level changes?

Also turn off (un)smart WiFi in the hub, it is know to cause problems with some devices.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
BarryCh
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I separated 2.4 and 5 on separate SSID’s but this didn’t work.  I then found by setting up and using a Guest ID for the Ipad2 that this worked.  Before doing this I had spoken to a third different VM support person who accepted that there was a problem with software on older Hub3s.  I the. received a newer Hub3 model which seems to have solved the problem.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi BarryCh,

It's great to hear that the Hub 3.0 that we sent you out have solved the problem 🙂

Please give us a shout if you need any further support going forward.

Dean C

0 Kudos