Menu
kannanni
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hub 5 modem mode

hi there,

managed to activate hub 5 and yes as a router its not a finished product yet, so I have it in modem mode. Question: Which port is advisable for modem mode for this hub to output to my router? im on the 350 tier

0 Kudos
jem101
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: hub 5 modem mode

Any of the ethernet ports will work, as long as only one device is connected, ie the WAN interface on your router.

shecal
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi,how do i put super hub 5,in modem mode.thanks.

0 Kudos
Cardiffman281
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Should be similar to this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq7Q8mkG2wY 

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Best to use Port 4, as it's the 2.5GB port.  This is the one I use, not that I can use 2.5GB on the 200MB Tier !  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Reece_MH
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @kannanni - thanks for getting in touch. I hope you're enjoying the Hub 5 and all of the benefits and features it has to offer! 😄
When in Modem Mode, only one port on your Hub 5 will work - this will be Port 1. Once you have connected this up to your equipment, you'll just need to give your Hub 5 a quick reboot and it will then be configured on our end. You'll then need to configure your equipment as per the manufacturer's guide.
@shecal to get your Hub 5 into Modem Mode, you can follow the guide here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/reboot-or-reset-hub and then selecting the "Putting the Hub into modem/router mode".
Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sibb
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think Virgin Media need to update the advice they give on modem mode for Hub5. Rather than a solid white light it appears to present a solid green light. Also the Hub5 is still contactable by browser on 192.168.100.1 using the attached router's Wi-Fi. i.e. an Ethernet cable connection is not required.

Very smooth install Virgin, thank you.