Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

hub 3.0 not working following installation

Hi - need some help hopefuly from somebody from Virgin as have exhausted al lother methods - phone / email / app chat / tweet..

Should have had an insgtallation completed following a house move on 4th Nov.  The install was abandoned as they couldnt run the fibre.  My exisiting hub was set up inside the house, and the bits outside that could be done were done.

10 days ago, contruction guys came back to dig out the pavement and fix the obstruction.  Today after countless calls to Virgin (too many 1hr + plus waits to mention) i had someboyd out to run the fibre.  Thery proved the connection from my house to the cabinet/virgin etc and said within 20 mins my hub would be online.  That was 1400 today but im still not working. I have a sold green wifi light, and a flashing green power light.  I have rebooted and reset the hub.

Loggin in and looking at the below up/downstream channels it says update in progress.  this has bene the case for sometimne and i last used the hub end of october.  I have waited an hour on the phone to Virgin and have just been cut off - the service i appalling and has been since my move.

Can somebody from Virgin help please and if its just a case of activating something/sending a sign can you please help me and do that?

I can provide whatever info you need.

Thanks

Simon

symey_0-1605629174582.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 3.0 not working following installation

It sounds like the box hasn't been activated yet.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You could also try the following, call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1,2 and 4.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos