Menu
claregittins
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

how to connect to a virgin phone socket

I just received my hub, before placing the order I did a chat session, the guy assured me I wouldn't need an engineer install but I can't work out how to connect my hub as the only virgin port is a phone type socket - the chat guy said this would be fine as we only want broadband (no tv), so how do a I connect the hub?

thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to connect to a virgin phone socket

@claregittins wrote:

I just received my hub, before placing the order I did a chat session, the guy assured me I wouldn't need an engineer install but I can't work out how to connect my hub as the only virgin port is a phone type socket - the chat guy said this would be fine as we only want broadband (no tv), so how do a I connect the hub?

thanks

You can't. 

You need to find the VM cable connection box in the property.  Can you trace the wires from the brown box on the outside wall?  This should lead to the co-ax connection you need to install the quickstart kit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

claregittins
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to connect to a virgin phone socket

thanks

I plugged the white cable (I'd assumed this was a satellite tv cable!) into the hub that is under the virgin phone socket, the hub lights were green for around 15 mins, I left it switched on, fingers crossed it will be white tomorrow!  FYI I can't find any brown box or any of the sockets that are in the quick install guide, there is a thick black cable that comes into the house (into the cellar through the coal chute), the cable is white that comes from this in the cellar and goes up into the living room - there is no sign that this is a VM cable but it makes sense that this is the cable I need to connect to the hub.  It would be useful if there was some more info online to point you in this direction!  thanks for your help

0 Kudos