cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flat address not in list when applying for new contract

yozer
Joining in

Hi,

I'm trying to get an engineer booked for a flat I'm moving into soon but the flat address is not available in virgin's list from the post code. It shows the house number itself, but not the specific flat name and number.

Is there any way someone could quickly add the flat so I can get my broadband setup? Otherwise I worry I'll be without internet for a month+ waiting

Let me know, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's not as easy as that. Virginmedia will only connect you if it can be done without too much cost, and they have spare network capacity. It might be that it has already been declared not connectable already.

And first you'll need the landlord/agent to give permission for any work that needs doing to run cables from the road and drill holes etc. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @yozer 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more