Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

exposed wiring

Would any one even come out to this?

i just moved in. And notice the wire from the wall is on show ( internet wire)There no secure box to keep it in place.

It looks like there was some kind of box there as the main bit still on the wall for to slide the case on it.

i have a child and don’t want her to even mess or touch it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: exposed wiring

Post a photo on here of it to give the VM Staff an idea of what the job entails.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I just moved in to my new property. And this is how it was. ( excuse the paint. Next project) 

5519235C-FFC3-4D51-9140-6B347164EC44.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi from the danger point of view to small people it doesn't carry any dangerous current, but I agree it looks a bit unsightly. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natz3000,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

I'm sorry to see that some of your internal cabling is exposed. Can you please confirm if you are signing up for our services, or have you just moved in and would like the cabling to be removed?

If you have signed up for our services - once the team come out to install the services, they will be happy to tidy that up for you. I ask because I haven't been able to locate an account using your forum details.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just moved in. I just got the virgin internet on Thursday. Don’t want it moved,  I just need a case for it to protect it and look a lot better then what it is now. 
As by looking at it there was a case there but not any more. 

The email address registered is same as this but gmail.com maybe that might help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ahh I see - I am surprised that they didn't look into the exposed wires, so I do apologise.

I will send you over a PM so I can take some further details and get in touch with the Area Field Manager to see if they'd be happy to come out to install a cover.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well know one would of known anyways as I installed the internet my self. No engineer come to my property. 
guess it was when the last tenant (s) was here before me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natz3000,

Thanks for supplying all the requested details via PM.

I have contacted the Area Field Manager for your postcode area and asked if a member of the field team can come out to place a cover over the exposed cabling at the wall.

As soon as I receive a response from him I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Beth

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natz3000,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for me to get back to you.

I've spoken with the Area Field Manager and he said he's happy to arrange for an engineer to come out to tidy up the cables and place a cover over them ect.

I've arranged an appointment for you, feel free to view your appointment time slot via your My Virgin Media account under your orders tab.

If you need anything else just give me a shout.

Beth

0 Kudos