cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ethernet ports on hub 4 no internet

sheikyormunny
Joining in

ok wifi all good , no issues, but i plugged a cat 8 brand new cable into the ethernet socket on the back of the hub 4 and the other end i have going into an 8 port switch , the ethernet is connected but no internet over the ethernet is active , how do i make it live ?, been on this for hours now...

15 REPLIES 15

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I totally agree with @-tony- always, but always check out everything before even considering getting you own networking equipment. Often just a router is the wrong answer.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Just upgraded from Hub 3 on 350Mb to Hub 4 on 1Gig. Having the same issue.

On the hub 3, I had the wired ports on the hub in use (one connected to a 8port hub). All working fine alongside the WiFi.

Hub 4, setup the same way, WiFi working fine, wired ports not working. Tried moving everything into the 8 port hub and only the hub connected to the router (one of the 4 ports) and still no internet connection on the wired devices. WiFi surprisingly connects to internet without any issue.

Connect only hub to switch then reboot the hub the connect only one device to the switch and test it works ok then add another if you find adding too many devices causes problem look at getting a router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back to the community @Andy121070 and I'm sorry that you're having issues with the ports on your new hub 4.

How are things looking at the moment with your ports?

Has the advice from @legacy1 helped you to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Steven_L

The issue was resolved by replacing the hub with another new hub 4.

Hi Andy121070, 

Thanks for coming back to us and keeping us updated. 

We're glad to hear that things have been resolved for you. If you do have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs