cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

damaged manhole cover

jofranco
Joining in

the manhole cover outside my house has a huge hole in it with wires exposed. It is very dangerous and Virgin have done nothing about it. It was reported 28 days ago to virgin and the council. I am very concerned because it is likely someone will be seriously injured.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jofranco wrote:

the manhole cover outside my house has a huge hole in it with wires exposed. It is very dangerous

Can you post some photos of this please? That'll help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jofranco wrote:

the manhole cover outside my house has a huge hole in it with wires exposed. It is very dangerous

Can you post some photos of this please? That'll help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IMG_7788-3.jpeg

Hi @jofranco

Welcome to the community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that this has not been resolved yet, after you have reported already. Thank you for providing the picture. I'll get this raised and escalated to the team and we'll look to get someone out at soon as possible. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

jofranco
Joining in

That’s great it’s at Bs79dL 

Thanks for coming back to the thread, jofranco

We'll have this sorted asap. 

best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

This has still not been sorted out. The barrier is not fixed and can be easily moved. This hole remains very dangerous and Virgin media are legally liable for any injury or damage that is likely to result. 

It is likely to result in a very expensive negligence claim when the accident happens. I have pointed this out many times to virgin media and all these claims are being logged on your site. 

I have today written to your legal department to inform them in advance that they will be liable for any accident or damage that occurs.