Menu
kunwar
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

cut fibre cable in front of house- need internet back asap

Hi, can anyone advise?

My mother who was trying to be helpful hired a gardener, who I have just painfully found out has inadvertently cut the virgin fibre cable to the house (along the outer wall)  so we have no internet, phone or tv. I care mainly about the loss of internet - I am a doctor working partly remotely including reporting medical images and cannot do my work, which will cause havoc at work until fixed. I have already had to cancel my shift tonight and let people down. Anyone know how I can get this repaired asap? I am even prepared to do a temporary fix myself if I can be up and running as soon as possible. Running a hotspot from my phone is fine for emails like this but simply cannot cut it for my work. Unfortunately I am working away from home from very early to very late tomorrow and will not have time to make lengthy phone calls trying to sort this out. Is there a direct dial number I can call for this issue specifically, or something I can order from Amazon or any other website to make temporary repair?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: cut fibre cable in front of house- need internet back asap

Your fastest way will be to call 150 and ask for them to book an engineer appointment to get it fixed, It could take a while tho they are very busy right now from what others have said. You not allowed to tamper with the cable as its not yours so i would not try doing anything youtself

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

have flagged the thread - hopefully VM can get this sorted quickly

Tony
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @kunwar

Welcome to our Community and thanks so  much for your post - I was sorry to hear about your damaged cabling. We'd be happy to get a technician out to come and take a look - we first would book a fault technician to come and check the cabling. If they can pop on a temp repair they will do and then it will be escalated and booked in for a full cable repair if needed

Sometimes it is not possible for a temp repair and for that I am sorry. If this is the case, the fault technician will just book the full cable repair. 

I've not been able to locate an active account from your forum information so I'll pop you a quick Private Message so we can take some details and get something booked in. Please look out for the Purple Envelope  in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your Private Message @kunwar

We can confirm that a visit has already been booked for you - the time and date can be checked via the online account at anytime. Hope all goes well with the visit, please do let us know how it goes. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kunwar
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that but I cannot get into the account - something with Virgin seems to be down when I proceed. Is is possible to send me details of the appointment by PM please?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kunwar - I have already replied to your Private Message with the date and time this morning 🙂 

Please check for the Purple Envelope in the top right hand page. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your Private Message @kunwar

I was glad to hear that everything has now been sorted out for you - we do appreciate the update. 

Hope all is now working for you and you have a good Bank Holiday

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos