cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consistent drop of signal since upgrade to Hub5

johnny_g
Joining in

I note hundreds of people post the same issue as mine below and all the various sysadmins, forum experts, and VM gurus all ask the same questions and receive the same replies and then provide nonsense answers that resolve nothing.

Since upgrading to Hub5 I too have had consistent dropouts of signal, affecting both WiFi-connected and wired-connected devices simultaneously.

I've rebooted, I've tried attenuators, I changed the MTU size, I've tried using a weegie board and the blood from chicken gizzards whilst recanting psalms from the bible backward. God help me I even tried on dozens of times to get help through WhatsApp - the stock answer is of course that there are issues in the area and everything will be fine by 1530 that day (always 1530 on the day I contact - strange really).

Could it be that VM are lying to us and that they know exactly what the problem actually is but it will be far too expensive for them to fix and so rely on us claiming for outages, metaphorically patting us on the head and telling us to suck it up and get on with it because there is nothing faster around (when it works)?

Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Configure the Hub 5 in modem mode with a 3rd Party Wi-Fi Router.

Don't forget to grease the coax cables with snake oil.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johnny_g 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you have been having issues with your service. We would like to bring you in for a private message so that we can assist you more directly. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina