cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coax cable snapped help/advice?

jonnyg
On our wavelength

Hi, i have a bit of a problem my coax where it connects to the Hub 3.0 has snapped internaly due to the hub being moved around on the work surface so much.

I have removed the cable from the hub and stripped the cable back and connected a cheap twist f type connector to get the internet temporarily back on before the kids attack due to not getting their minecraft & fortnite fix.🙄

It seems to be working but would like to get this sorted properly. What would be the best thing to do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonnyg 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonnyg 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jonnyg
On our wavelength

Thanks Newapollo, hopefully one of the tech team will pick this up..... My experience of ringing Virgin in the past hasn't been the best 😆

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello jonnyg.

Thanks for or letting us know about the snapped connection.

Great work on the temporary fix.

So we can put a stop to the possibility of a 3rd wold (minecraft/fortnite) war.

Its half term and we know kids need a fix.

Would you like me to arrange a Technicians visit to replace the cable?

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your envelope at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi jonnyg,

I'm glad I've managed to arrange help for the Hubs connection.

You can view this appointment via your online account here. If you need this changed, you can do this up to 24 hours before the appointment. Someone over the age of 18 will need to be in the property when the engineer is present.

Let us know how you get on with this, we're always happy to help if needed. 
Gareth_L

jonnyg
On our wavelength

Edit: ignore me Gareth, its just come through via text. Thankyou 👍

Hi Gareth I've logged into my Virgin account but I can't seem to find the appointment details.

Thanks

Screenshot_2023-06-01-16-34-56-339_com.android.chrome.jpg

Great news @jonnyg 

Let us know how the visit goes.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend 🌞

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs