cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing to hub 5 from hub 3 - internet has stopped working and telephone support can't help

Colincliff
Joining in

I was sent a new hub 5 as an 'upgrade' and installed following the guide. The hub wouldn't connect to the internet. I spoke to the telephone support who activated the hub but still no joy. They said there would need to be an escalation which could take 3 days. I asked to move back to my hub 3 which was working fine, which they then said they had re-activated but now has the same problem with no internet access. Another call to telephone support who say I'll have to wait 3 days again for someone to investigate the issue with the old hub.

Has anyone found a way to get support from virgin any quicker than this? I can't understand why they can't get my old hub to work even if temporarily.

Also, if you are considering the self install option for hub 5 be aware that there is a real risk you will loose internet access for a number of days (obviously there is no warning of this from Virgin)

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Connect back your old hub. If it work the new hub has definitely not been activated. If it does not work your will have to wait for a technician. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Colincliff,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with your services and your new router. Do you have a technician visit booked for this? What did the team advise when you raised this with them?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!