Menu
nowakowska
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

changing internet provider & no account access

ive been a virgin customer for several years now , my minimum term contract ended long ago but im still using virgin broadband & paying monthly. 

I would like to switch internet providers as ive had many issues with virgin broadband including the wifi cutting out, slow connection etc.

I also havent been able to log in to my online account for years, I dont have access to the email I used to sign up and everytime i try to reset my password im met with 'oops , somethings broken' . Its the same on every device/browser i use .

what i need to know is, how do i go about cancelling my contract? how should i time cancelling my current contract and signing up for a different contract so that i dont end up paying for two at the same time? do i need access to my online account to cancel? 

thank you ,

Iwona

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: changing internet provider & no account access

@nowakowska wrote:

ive been a virgin customer for several years now , my minimum term contract ended long ago but im still using virgin broadband & paying monthly. 

I would like to switch internet providers as ive had many issues with virgin broadband including the wifi cutting out, slow connection etc.

I also havent been able to log in to my online account for years, I dont have access to the email I used to sign up and everytime i try to reset my password im met with 'oops , somethings broken' . Its the same on every device/browser i use .

what i need to know is, how do i go about cancelling my contract? how should i time cancelling my current contract and signing up for a different contract so that i dont end up paying for two at the same time? do i need access to my online account to cancel? 

thank you ,

Iwona

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

nowakowska
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@carl_pearce thank you for the quick response, could you please clarify two things:
1. does the 30 days notice start the day i send a notification letter or the day virgin receives it?
2. will my internet be disconnected at the end of the 30 day period or before then?
thank you

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@nowakowska wrote:

@carl_pearce thank you for the quick response, could you please clarify two things:
1. does the 30 days notice start the day i send a notification letter or the day virgin receives it?
2. will my internet be disconnected at the end of the 30 day period or before then?
thank you

No idea, I don't work for VM.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would send a dated registered letter with the date of cessation of contract on a certain date around 35 days from the date of postage, that will give the letter time to get there and will have a date that both parties can work to.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well they wont set the ball rolling until they know you want to cancel and that will be from when they receive the letter (make sure you send the cancellation registered wit signature for receipt).

You are usually disconnected on the 30th day thereafter.

If its all ok apart from wifi - why not just get your own wireless equipment to sort it once and for all. Its yours to keep and use with any other ISP you may go to

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.