Menu
scoggers1973
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

cancel account

OK - so basically there is no phone support and my broadband is not working after being received on friday. I have gone through all the steps etc but from the total lack of support I have received so far means I am going to cancel and send my router back.

0 Kudos
scoggers1973
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

CANCEL

OK  - I must have short term memory loss as I had forgotten just how BAD the customer service is if anything goes wrong with Virgin. I am going to cancel my account as within the 14 day period. Have just been on hold for 30 mins to have the phone answered and put down..... Thank God im not relying on broadband to do my work at home during a lockdown....... doh

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: CANCEL

ok thanks for letting everything know !

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancel account

Hi before you do that, have you rung the activation number its 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the device to hand as all new virgin equipment has to be activated. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
scoggers1973
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mick - yes I did this on friday. Its just very frustrating as there seems to be no one that can help move it up in terms of getting help

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi scoggers1973,

sorry to see you are having activation problems.

Looking at the forums over the weekend there appeared to be a couple of issues activating some new accounts.

Have you tried rebooting your router to see if the activation has gone through since first calling?

If calling the activation line hasn't resolved the issueyou should try speaking to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi scoggers1973,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you were having issues with the activation of your services, I have answered your other post.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos