cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can any mod help before i just go for sky

hickles
Joining in

hiya,

looking for a mod to help setup a new account, but im having address issues..

i live in a bunglow, number 8A (house has never had virgin before)
next door is a close, also numbered 8,
my neighbour in 8 flat0/1 has been setup at my 8A address, so im unable to get an account.

ive been trying for nearly 2 months now to get it sorted, but have been messed around at every turn, the people on the phone have just lied about engineers coming etc.

i posted here 2 weeks ago with my issues, and a very helpful mod reached out,  telling me they listed a new address to swap my neighbour over to, then open account for me... great!
i recieved a call from someone later that day setting me up, and thought i was good to go.
wait 2 weeks for engineer to come out tomorrow, 31st may between 1-6pm.

BUT

i got multiple emails setting up 2 accounts for me, at 2 different addresses.
one at Flat a, number 8.. sending me out a router and tv box
one at 8A, sending out an install engineer
both had different account numbers.

i received the install kit,, but obviously cant use it, as need the hard install.

today i call again to sort the matter,  but no one in these foriegn call centres can understand the issue after talking to 3people.

i'm guessing i dont have an engineer coming tomorrow, as im guessing that account was cancelled?
i was told to cancel the account with the kit i was sent out, seen as its the wrong address,, so i've went thru to cancelations/retentions, and cancelled that on the phone this morning..

but that means i have no account being setup still...
no idea what to do now.
still need my neighbour moved, and a new account for me..
honestly have never had so much hassle setting anything up before.

would really appreciate any mods able to help before i just chuck the whole idea and just go for sky
many thanks
chris

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday?  They may possibly be able to help?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

appreciate the number ta.  will see what they say.  have spoken to like 15 people over the last month in various teams.. all are very helpful on the phone,, but as soon as we hang up, anything theyve said never materializes lol.  is actually pretty comical.

Hello hickles,

We're sorry to hear of the issue in regards to setting up your account and the address conflict, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Were you able to speak to the team in regards to this? Were they able to assist?

We're limited here on the forums in regards to instances like this and you would need to speak to the team.

Rob