Menu
NK49
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cable length

I have changed my TV cabinet and the coax cable isn't long enough to reach the cabinet by less than half a metre. Just need it to be slightly longer! id=s there anything quick and easy I can do?

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cable length

Try a Google search or pay virgin £99 but they won't do it at the moment because of corvid. That's me in bother again as it's officially against their terms and conditions to go the Google search way
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The official cables are made for Virgin and are triple screened.  I haven't seen the same bought from Screwfix etc.

With the current network problems, the last thing anyone needs is to use the wrong cable or connections and push noise into the syatem.

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please do not pay £99 for a cable..its bonkers.

Yes I agree you should not use 3rd party cables for longterm use. But there are other ways get a genuine Virgin cable.

Next time you see a Virgin van.. explain to him you need the longer cable and offer him £10 🙂

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos