Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

attn team member re constant probelm RCS Partial Service

hi could a forum team member please help me?

Two weeks ago there was a local connection problem acknowledged by your service status, no connection all day. For the two weeks since it's been constant intermittent drop-outs, and when connection is there only dial-up speeds (0.5mbps!)

constant re-boots, router status shows long list of rcs partial service and lost mdd timeouts.

this is adversely affecting working from home and has already cost me lost earnings and much more.

There is obviously a continuation of local problem, please help get it sorted! am seriously considering cancelling and miving to higher speed cheaper fibre rival.

Am only posting this by tethering to phone!!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: attn team member re constant probelm RCS Partial Service

Have you checked whether ther are still “known network faults”? 2 Ways to do it.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: attn team member re constant probelm RCS Partial Service

Hi TiredofTrying,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm really sorry that you've been getting an intermittent connection and slow speeds since an issue in your area was noticed. 

Have you been able to speak to someone since you posted here?

I haven't been able to locate your details, so if you still need help please pop back here and I'll investigate.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos