Menu
dawn13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

another internet line

hi

i am having a frustrating time with my internet, i have the m200 package , yet sick of my two arguing over the fact one of them seems \to lag on the Xbox, I have two frequencies, and have put all other devices on to the 2.4 one, and the Xboxes on 5 but one of there Xbox keeps dropping or disconnecting.

the oldest one was thinking about just getting another internet line in to the house, can you actually do this with virgin? I don't know how else to send them a message to see if I can? ( any help or advise would be gratefully appreciated before I crack up! ) or could my son just go with another ISP and set up his own account? or would this be really expensive on top of what we are paying now?

Any ideas of advise would be really appreciated 

many thanks

stay safe

dawn

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: another internet line

If there is a lag problem, then it is most likely a performance problem with the Virgin Media broadband connection, probably a network congestion issue and getting in a second VM connection will simply give you two laggy connections at double the cost. 

If you want a second line, get in an Openreach connection at circa 35Mbps, from a decent ISP like Zen Internet. That will enable you to have the service on 12 month contract rather than Sky or TalkTalk 18 months, and you'd get better support if you need it. If the Zen connection doesn't perform properly then cancel in the 14 day cooling off period and it will cost you nothing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: another internet line

First thing I would try is to connect up the game consoles via cable if possible. If the problem goes away then you don't have an internet issue, you have a WiFi issue and can look into improving your WiFi.