Menu
excelotus
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

alteration to cable installation

As the title suggests I need to contact the person in charge of cable installations. This is because I need to alter the position of the incoming cable as it crosses the pavement outside my property.

I have tried using all the Virgin "helplines" with no effect. All I need is the direct contact number or email for the supervisor please....please...

I have already tried the helpline number but after waiting for 1.25 hours whilst..."we are trying to connect you" the phone simply went dead! I was also using the Web Chat system at the same time. This took over 40 minutes only to be told that I had to call the "Helpline number 150" because they were not able to email me the contact details!

I do not have a landline phone with my Broadband and TV account so have to use my mobile phone which is not a Virgin mobile!

Any help will be most gratefully received. 

Cheers. Bob.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: alteration to cable installation

"need to alter the position of the incoming cable as it crosses the pavement outside my property"

Not sure I understand you? 

The cable will come from an underground duct, through a tee in the pavement and then enter your property. It can't be routed in any other way. 

In particular, what do you mean by "crosses the pavement" ? 

If you are already a customer you need to call 0345 454 1111, otherwise you can try the preinstallation department 0800 052 1734

0 Kudos
excelotus
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the pre installation department number, I'll try that. The other number is a waste of time because I waited for 1.5 hours before it cut off. The cable does already come underground across the road and across the pavement. It then rises up to a junction box at the edge of my property and then drops down by 18" through a duct then across the front of my garden. Because I need to have a vehicle dropped curb installed where the cable goes under that part of the pavement, the cable will need to be lowered a bit more once the new dropped curb and driveway entrance goes.

Cheers. Bob.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the duct under the pavement is usually 18" to a couple of foot below the surface - from there a curved tube/duct connects to the tee point on the pavement - the tee point is usually on the boundary between your property and the pavement - as i say thats usual 

if you are having a dropped curb that would normally not impact on the duct or the riser cable to the tee - the tee area of the pavement would usually not need to be lowered - but you mention an 18" drop which is not clear 

but thats all assumption - some photos might help but ultimately you will need to contact them and try and get someone to visit - staff here may be able to get an area manager to look

Tony
0 Kudos
excelotus
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony,

You mention that Staff here may be able to get an area manager to have a look....Which is exactly what I would really like. Is there a contact email or number for my area in Plymouth. Postcode PL9 8TS.

Cheers. Bob.

0 Kudos