Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

alsMoved House - No Wifi

We moved house a few days ago and even though i put in a move request over a month ago - we've still got no wifi at the new house and our kids are falling behind on school and i can't connect for work.  I went to the old house today - and the broadband is still connected there (with the landlords moving in on Monday).

I assume the transfer has not been done - but I can't get in touch with anyone at Virgin Media as every time i call they say the call centres are closed.

Any ideas how i can reach someone?  I have also tried to book a technician via my account - but the old address is showing and i can't get someone to come out to the new address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: alsMoved House - No Wifi

Hello.

Try calling 08009539500. They should be able to help.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately that line also says "unfortunately our call centres are closed." - No option i press allows me to actually speak to someone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

With regard to you moving but saying the old house still has wifi is this the same wifi you were using there as as part of the move and transfer service you should bring your old equipment to the new house (the hub and any tv boxes you had on your account)

Hope this helps
Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and ill let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jake,

Yes, i have taken all equipment and plugged it in at the new house.  The router works for internal wifi (eg printer etc) and i can log into it etc - there is just no network connection for the internet.  I've run all diagnostics and it appears the transfer just has not been done. 

To check, i went back to the old house and re-plugged it all in there and its still working at the old house - so it's still not moved.  I then tried to book a technician but the account is still registered to the previous address and there's no way for me to change it apart from submitting a second move request - which i have done. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry,

I misunderstood your first post, sounds like you've done everything you can for now. you may want to get back in touch with customer service i know at this time it's difficult to say the least but If you're struggling with getting through to CS and the Live chat is not currently available on the main VM website when signed in, a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time to get back to you.

Hope this helps
Jake
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and ill let you know how!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We’ve been told that the Internet would be connected today and have woken up to a solid white light. The problem is that we still have no Internet connection. I have reset the data, I have logged in to check what is going on and it says there is a connection problem but I have no idea why. We had previously had a flashing green light on the Rueter and now we only have a solid white slide. All searches tell me that my Internet Should be working, but when I go to connect it says there is a connection problem. When I run diagnostics he confirms that there is no network. Any clues

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again,

Please PM me your account details; Account number, account holders name, 1st line of address, Site ID/Area code, CM MAC for Hub . To PM me hover over my profile picture and select send message and ill be happy to look in to it for you.

Hope this helps
Jake
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and I'll let you know how!