Menu
jj0306
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

all i want is a 2nd tv box

Hi

As a long established customer many times i have had online chats about getting an additional tv box. The cabling is already there from a good few years ago so all i need is a box and i can do it.

I have been told that i have to pay charges between £65 and £100 to do this plus £20 to £25 month.

When i explain that i feel this is excessive and unnecessary as i can do it myself and that new customers get it for a fraction of the price they say dont worry ill pass you to customer services.

Customer services never get back to me or respond or connect.

I have had enough of this i either want some action and a good fair deal or i am leaving. The amount of extra the additional box is is more than joining sky with same package. Is that what you want me to do.

I have written complaints and no one bothers to reply. Its only when you cancel anyone does anything about it.

Delays in speaking to someone due to coronavirus. 1, I work from home so virgin must have the tech to do the same. 2. I have had this problem for years and years so Corona Virus is not the cause its bad management.

Last chance or i am of when my contract ends.

Thanks for listening

John

p.s just got this message

Hello! You're speaking to Sowmya! Thank you for your patience in waiting for a response regarding your query,
I will certainly have a check on this from my end and help you with the right information.
How may I help you?

That makes no sense at all. Like saying i know what you want how can i help you just said you know lol

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: all i want is a 2nd tv box

Hi John,

VM changed the charges for additional boxes at the beginning of July. 

If you read this thread   new charges  and pay attention to the posts by BenMcr it will explain more clearly the new box charges. You won't have to pay charges of between £65 and £100

I suggest phoning rather than using the text messaging service, and either speaking to regrades or cancellations (thinking of leaving us) and negotiate a new deal/contract. If phoning it's best to call first thing, around 8am as lines are least busy.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jj0306
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

so after several hours on chat i finally agreed to a new deal. Guess what when i got confirmation this morning it was NOT what i was agreed. Typical and just what i expected.

0 Kudos
jj0306
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

so i spoke to someone this morning a lady from Glasgow. She promised me a good deal and said she would send me confirmation. She confirmed she was not extending my contract and i am free to renegotiate in january 2021 when my current contract ends.

So i get a email and a contract confirming i have recontracted 18 months and my offers end in jan 2021 and the price will be over 100 quid. Completely contradicts what she said.

So i phoned yet again spoke to a guy again is glasgow i have a name but wont share it online. He after a lot of discussion and escalation to his manager agreed the same deal without extending the contract. 

I wait with hope that the next contract or email i get is right. Considering this is the 3rd time this weekend i doubt it will be right.

He sounded like he really cares which made a nice change.

0 Kudos
jj0306
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lol i just got a "Look who's talking badge" someone is taking the toilet

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jj0306,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you were misadvised around your package.

Having checked things our end I can see you have spoken to us in regards to your package.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
jj0306
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

lol i have had a text virtually every day for a week from someone saying they want to help with my complaint. We then get half way through sorting it out they vanish and i get the useless chat robot. Cant believe how we have been stuck on this all week going round in circles. All i want is an accurate contract. They say they cant correct the contract the system wont let them. I say then write me a letter confirming the correct info but seems they dont want to put it in writing as that would mean admitting you have an issue.

So here we are 9 days since the incorrect contract was made in the words of your staff on Glasgow miss selling occurred. You have failed to resolve my complaint, or acknowledge it. 

As the text chat every day for a week instigated by your robots has led to nothing but hours of nonsense i will not respond to any texts or chats. I want a response to my complaint in writing apologising. 

Failing that on 16th December i will give you 1 months notice i am leaving.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jj0306 

Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy doing all we can to get to each community post. I'm sorry that you're unhappy and that you haven't had a response from the complaint. 

I'll private message you now to take some details so that we can take a look. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos